We are currently welcoming new members to the group.
The club is run by volunteers and is a self service club. This means we do not have any staff at the airport.
Once you are a member you also have access to our club room located in the Advanced Helicopters building along with free parking.
Feel free to put on a high viz jacket and go and have a look at the airplanes. They live in the main hanger at Shoreham.
The volunteers do a great job often with little thanks – please remember we are not a business and no one is paid. Please allow 24 hours for a response as we all have other jobs!
If you are interested in joining the club please complete the membership form below. Any questions please email email@example.com
South Coast Flying Club (SCFC)
Important please read (You must have more than 100 P1 hours to fly (G-BSXC )
Flying with the SCFC is a cost effective way of flying and it helps us if you pay on time. Costs and payment details are noted below:
• Monthly Fee £45.00 for All Planes or £30 for Cessna 152 only by Standing Order on the 2nd day of each month
Please use your name as reference on the standing order.
• Aircraft are charged at an hourly wet rate, based on the tacho. These times should be logged and will be billed to you at the end of each month. Charges are rounded to the decimal place and consider fuel.
• Fuel purchased by members will be credited to their account prior to billing at the end of the month.
• Please pay your landing fee and any fuel direct to Shoreham Airport on the day that you fly. File your receipts in the tech log folder, which is kept in the aircraft. Put your name on the receipt so we know who to credit, please also include VAT by writing the final amount you want to claim back on the fuel receipt.
• If monthly fees or flight costs are unpaid, you’re booking access we be suspended until costs are paid in full. If they remain unpaid for a period in excess of 30 days they will be pursued via the small claims court. To help reduce admin and keep the club in good order please make your payments within 7 days of your invoice.
• GBSXC & GCGFG is kept in the hanger. We are NOT allowed to move it ourselves. Call the Fire Crew on 01273 467395 to arrange for them to be pulled out. They require 1 hours’ notice. Should you need the aircraft first thing in the morning call them the day before. Please leave GBSXC fill to tabs at the fuel pumps for the fire crew to return to the hanger. Leave the keys out of the ignition and the parking brake off.
• If you are flying GCEEN, please leave on Tabs also . G CGFG please leave with no more than 60L This will give more scope for weight and balance for the next pilot.
SCFC has an insurance stipulation that you must have had no claims or losses in the last five years. If this is not the case please let us know. We are able to ask our insurer to add you but there may be an additional charge for which you may be asked to fund and until such time as your cover is confirmed you are not insured and must not fly.
A further insurance requirement (currency rule) is that you must have flown within 90 days to fly any of the aircraft. This is in addition to the standard PPL stipulation that in order to carry a passenger you will need to have completed 3 take-off and landings within the last 90 days. (This can be with another pilot)
In the event of an accident there will be an excess of £1000 on our insurance; by signing this document you are agreeing to pay the insurance excess in the event of an accident. An annual insurance waver of £40 is payable to club and this set to become mandatory mid 2016 and paying this will remove the need to pay the excess in the event of a claim.
As with any monies due to the club, overdue payments will be will be pursued via the small claims court. This is an alternative to collecting a deposit from every one.
Members will be responsible for ensuring that their flight is safe and legal. They must ensure that their licence and medical are valid for the flight prior to departure. Your currency needs to be within 90 days to fly any of the aircraft.
Termination of membership
If at any time you wish to leave the group, you will need to give three months’ notice from the first day of the month. The group reserves the right to terminate a membership if they feel that a member is acting in a dangerous or inappropriate manner.